Firmware Reset Page Counter Samsung CLX-6260ND
Notes before update firmware Samsung CLX-6260ND
How to install firmware to clear page counter Samsung CLX-6260ND
Why Samsung CLX-6260ND needs to clear page counter- CLT-506L cartridge is enclosed with a toner chip that was used to calculate toner coverage and to deliver bold or light printout quality depending on printer original printout design.
- Samsung CLX-6260ND toner chip contains calculated limitation that was managed by Samsung manufacturer. Following Samsung, if toner coverage is 5%, Samsung CLX-6260ND toner chip is delivered 3.500 ? 6.000 pages.
- If toner coverage is higher than 5% -> Toner Page Yields are less than 3.500 ? 6.000 pages. If toner coverage is lower than 5%, Toner Page Yields are 3.500 ? 6.000 pages. That is the reason why bold printouts (high toner coverage) will make printer run out of toner quickly.
- When Samsung CLX-6260ND toner chip overload its calculated limitation, printer will be locked inspire of high toner cartridge.
When Samsung CLX-6260ND needs to be reset- Samsung CLX-6260NDN status: red light blinking, imprinting.
- Computer status (on Smart Panel): empty toner, Replace toner, install toner, end of life replace new cart , toner cartridge is not installed, Install the cartridge, toner exhausted.
How to fix Samsung CLX-6260ND with Toner Error
1.Change new toner cartridge
- Samsung CLX-6260ND’s toner cartridge (CLT-506L) costs $58 ? $60 depending on its supplier and manufacturer.
- Changing toner cartridge seems to be suboptimal because when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner cartridge => money wasting
2. Change new toner chip
- Samsung CLX-6260ND’s toner chip costs $15-$22 depending on its supplier.
- Changing toner chips seems to be more optimal but when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner chip.
3. Reset Samsung CLX-6260ND by using software
- Reset software automatically impacts to printer firmware so printer ignores paper counter. Therefore, there is not necessary to change toner chip, you just refill toner when it runs out.
==>> Reset Samsung CLX-6260ND by using software is the best solution to fix Toner Error on Samsung CLX-6260ND.