Firmware Reset Page Counter Samsung SL-M2070
Notes before update firmware Samsung SL-M2070
How to install firmware to clear page counter Samsung SL-M2070
Why Samsung SL-M2070 needs to clear page counter- MLT-D111S cartridge is enclosed with a toner chip that was used to calculate toner coverage and to deliver bold or light printout quality depending on printer original printout design.
- Samsung SL-M2070 toner chip contains calculated limitation that was managed by Samsung manufacturer. Following Samsung, if toner coverage is 5%, Samsung SL-M2070 toner chip is delivered 1.000 - 1.500 pages.
- If toner coverage is higher than 5% -> Toner Page Yields are less than 1.000 - 1.500 pages. If toner coverage is lower than 5%, Toner Page Yields are 1.000 - 1.500 pages. That is the reason why bold printouts (high toner coverage) will make printer run out of toner quickly.
- When Samsung SL-M2070 toner chip overload its calculated limitation, printer will be locked inspire of high toner cartridge.
When Samsung SL-M2070 needs to be reset- Samsung SL-M2070N status: red light blinking, imprinting.
- Computer status (on Smart Panel): empty toner, Replace toner, install toner, end of life replace new cart , toner cartridge is not installed, Install the cartridge, toner exhausted.
How to fix Samsung SL-M2070 with Toner Error
1.Change new toner cartridge
- Samsung SL-M2070’s toner cartridge (MLT-D111S) costs $50 ? $60 depending on its supplier and manufacturer.
- Changing toner cartridge seems to be suboptimal because when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner cartridge => money wasting
2. Change new toner chip
- Samsung SL-M2070’s toner chip costs $6 ? $10 depending on its supplier.
- Changing toner chips seems to be more optimal but when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner chip.
3. Reset Samsung SL-M2070 by using software
- Reset software automatically impacts to printer firmware so printer ignores paper counter. Therefore, there is not necessary to change toner chip, you just refill toner when it runs out.
==>> Reset Samsung SL-M2070 by using software is the best solution to fix Toner Error on Samsung SL-M2070.